A clean install of Windows 10 will erase all data and programs currently on your computer. It’s a great way to start over if you’re having problems with your current version of Windows 10, but it can also be a bit intimidating for first-time users. Don’t worry; we have your back. In this blog post, we’ll walk you through the steps so that you can do a clean install of Windows 10 the right way. LearnHow to Clean Install Windows 10?
How to Clean Install Windows 10?
- Step 1: Back Up Your Data – Before doing anything else, make sure to back up all of your important data and files. You don’t want to lose any irreplaceable photos or important documents during the clean install process, so make sure that everything is securely backed up before you begin.
- Step 2: Purchase a Copy of Windows 10 – If you haven’t already done so, purchase a copy of Windows 10 from Microsoft or an authorized dealer. Once you have purchased the license key, make sure to save it somewhere safe in case you need it later on.
- Step 3: Create a Bootable USB Drive – In order to clean install Windows 10, you will need to create a bootable USB drive with the installation files on it. This is easy enough using Microsoft’s official tool for creating bootable drives (for free). Just download the tool and follow the instructions on how to create one. Once created, insert your USB drive into your computer and reboot it.
- Step 4: Start Clean Install Process When your computer restarts, press F12 (or whatever key is specified in your BIOS) while at the splash screen and select “Boot from USB Drive” when given the option. This will open up a window where you can select which version of Windows 10 that you want to install (Home or Pro). Select whichever one applies to your license key and click “Next”.
- Step 5: Enter Your License Key After selecting which version of Windows 10 that you want to install, enter in your license key when prompted and click “Next”. This will initiate the download process for Windows 10 onto your computer. Once complete, follow the instructions on-screen until everything is installed correctly.
Step 6: Reinstall Any Necessary Programs Once everything has been installed successfully, reinstall any necessary programs such as Microsoft Office or Adobe Photoshop that were previously installed on your computer prior to initiating the clean install process. This should bring everything back up-to-date with minimal effort from you!
Clean Installing Windows 10 is an effective way of starting fresh with an operating system if something isn’t working properly or if certain programs are causing issues on their own computers. By following these steps outlined above—backing up data beforehand and creating a bootable USB drive—you can clean install Windows 10 quickly and easily without any hiccups along the way! Hopefully this helps novice PC users feel comfortable tackling this task themselves in order to get their PCs running smoothly again!