Windows 10 is one of the most popular and reliable operating systems on the market. It’s easy to use, has many helpful features, and is compatible with a wide range of devices. If you’ve recently purchased a Windows 10 device, you must activate it before you can start using it. Activation ensures that your copy of Windows is legitimate, so follow these steps to get your new device up and running in no time! Learn How to Activate Windows?
How to Activate Windows?
Product Key Activation Method
The first step in activating Windows 10 is finding the product key. This unique 25-character alphanumeric code came with your purchase when you bought your device or may be available online if you acquired it digitally. Once you have the product key handy, follow these steps to activate Windows:
- Click on the Start Menu icon in the bottom left corner of your screen and select Settings from the list of options.
- In Settings, click on “Update & Security” and then select “Activation” from the left side menu bar.
- On this page, you will see an option that says “Go to Store” – click this button and then choose “Enter a Product Key Instead” from the dropdown menu underneath it.
- Enter your product key into the box provided and click Next to proceed with activation process for Windows 10 on your machine.
Automatic Activation Method
If you can’t find your product key or don’t have access to it for some reason, there is another way to activate Windows 10 – automatic activation. This method works if your device has an internet connection so that Microsoft servers can authenticate your copy of Windows online when you log into your Microsoft account on the device itself. To do this:
1) Log into your Microsoft account on the device by clicking Sign In at the top right corner of the Start Menu window after opening it up by clicking on its icon in bottom left corner of screen as mentioned above for product key activation method;
2) Once logged in successfully with correct credentials for account associated with new device being activated, head over again to Settings -> Update & Security -> Activation section;
3) Click Activate button shown here – this should take care rest of process automatically by connecting with Microsoft servers online using internet connection available on machine itself;
Congratulations! You have now successfully activated Windows 10 on your device using either of two methods discussed above – product key activation method or automatic activation method based upon what information was available at hand when starting out process of activating newly acquired windows machine along side necessary steps required for same being clearly outlined here as well! Enjoy exploring all features offered through this OS version latest release from Microsoft!